Healthy Teeth Tips
- Gently brush your teeth at least twice a day.
- Floss your teeth every day.
- Use toothpaste with fluoride in it. Most toothpastes sold at grocery and drug stores have fluoride in them.
- Avoid sticky, sugary foods. If you do eat them, brush immediately afterwards.
- Visit your dentist for a check-up at least twice a year. Your dentist might give you a special fluoride solution that you can rinse with to help keep your teeth healthy.
- Dental Cavities (cavities are holes that damage the structure of teeth)
- Gingivitis (gingivitis is a disorder involving inflammation of the gums)
- Periodontitis (periodonditis is a dental disorder that results from progression of gingivitis, involving inflammation and infection of the ligaments and bones that support the teeth)
- Tooth Abscess (a tooth abscess is a collection of infected material (pus) resulting from bacterial infection of the center (pulp) of a tooth)
- Halitosis (bad breath odor is unpleasant, distinctive, or offensive)